Tomorrow is playgroup…Emma is gearing up for it, or has been all week! Made some muffins this time…and oh my they do taste good, sinfully rich, but good! Recipe from www.120dollarsfoodchallenge.com
Chocolate Caramel muffins
1 1/2 cups self-raising flour;
1 cup soft brown sugar;
1 cup sour cream;
2 tsp vanilla essence;
250g dark chocolate;
1/2 cup cocoa;
2 packets round caramel-filled chocolates such as Rollos
Preheat oven to 180 C. Place 12 paper cups into 12 hole muffin tin.
Sift the flour into a large bowl and stir in the sugar to mix well.
In another bowl, lightly beat the eggs, then add the sour cream and vanilla and mix well.
In a third bowl, break up the chocolate into small pieces, then melt the chocolate and butter together in a microwave on HIGH for 1 minute. Stir, then cook on HIGH in 30 second bursts until chocolate is melted and glossy. Sift in cocoa and mix well to combine.
Tip egg mixture into flour and combine gently, stirring until just folded in. Pour in chocolate mixture and fold in gently to combine. Half fill muffin cups, then add 1 or 2 Rollos to each muffin – poke them down into the centre of each muffin. Top with remaining muffin cake mix, ensuring they are well covered.
Bake for 15-20 minutes.
Darren has a colleague leaving his work tomorrow, so I thought I’d box up a few muffins and send them in. Picked up these cupcake boxes from a local kitchen store…don’t they look the coolest! Will make great presents, actually have a birthday for a friend coming up…guess what they are getting!!!
Have to include a photo of my gorgeous girl at playgroup … photo taken by my good friend Tania Tanti
Also made some biscuits…White Chocolate and Cranberry shortbreads, these are a favourite in this house…they are good, I have to stop eating the mix before the are even in the oven! Recipe from Taste
White Chocolate & Cranberry Shortbreads
- 250g butter, at room temperature
- 125g (3/4 cup) icing sugar mixture
- 1 tsp vanilla essence
- 300g (2 cups) plain flour
- 75g (1/2 cup) craisins (dried cranberries), coarsely chopped
- 100g white chocolate, finely chopped
- Preheat oven to 160°C. Line 2 baking trays with non-stick baking paper. Use an electric beater to beat the butter, icing sugar and vanilla in a bowl until very pale and creamy.
- Stir in the flour, craisins and chocolate. Turn onto a lightly floured surface and bring the dough together.
- Roll tablespoonfuls of the dough into balls. Place, about 5cm apart, on the trays. Use a fork to flatten slightly. (See note) Place in the fridge for 15 minutes to chill.
- Bake, swapping trays halfway through cooking, for 15-18 minutes or until golden. Set aside on the trays for 5 minutes to cool before transferring to a wire rack to cool completely.
Now I think I will toddle off to bed…goodnight my friends!