It’s Thursday and its Emma’s favourite day of the week, because Thursday means playgroup day! This week it’s time to try a new recipe on the Mum’s…Blueberry Buckle. It looks so yummy and Cayden is most disappointed he is not going to get some! This recipe is from the program Sugar on Foxtel hosted by Anna Olsen. She has some of the yummiest stuff!
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 2 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup milk
- 2 cups blueberries
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup flour
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter
- Preheat oven to 350º F.
- Cream together butter and sugar until pale yellow and creamy. Add egg and vanilla and beat in.
- Sift together flour, baking powder and salt. Add alternately with milk until incorporated. Scrape batter into cake pan and spread evenly. Sprinkle blueberries on top of batter.
- In small bowl blend sugar, flour and cinnamon. Cut in butter with your fingers until crumbly and no large bits of butter are visible. Sprinkle on top of berries.
- Bake for 45-50 minutes. Allow to cool before serving.